Saturday, February 6, 2010

Working on a Weekend

It's the weekend. It's that day of the week where everybody is looking forward to. I am looking forward to it for many reasons. Ice-fishing is one. But I am not going to ice-fish today because I need to go to my friend's to help him fix his heater.

For the past couple of week I have been working on weekends instead of the regular weekdays. I have no problem with that because as I already mentioned in my previous posts, it has been awhile since I had a project. So working on weekends was a-okay.

Last year, I used to work mostly on weekends because that is the only days of the week where I can work without being interrupted and without interrupting anyone. I used to maintain a property for my former boss who was then vacationing in Florida with his wife the entire winter season. The property is a commercial establishment so obviously, the weekdays are busy and full of people. And since my maintenance work involved a lot of pounding and sawing and grinding and sanding and painting and repairing... noise, smell and dust were unacceptable. So, the weekends were the best days to work. It was then that I spent most of my weekdays as my regular working day. If you know what I mean.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover