Wednesday, February 3, 2010

of Backache and Sea Urchin

Backache! Who needs one?

One of the downsides of my trade as a carpenter is the big "P". Pain, that is.

I have been working as a carpenter for more than 15 years now. It may not be that long for a guy past his golden years but being able to still do hard manual work at this age is already a blessing in itself.

I started a little late in the construction business because I did a lot of scuba diving for sea urchins for almost 10 years prior to carpentry. I worked under-water diving for sea urchins for 8 hours a day and 7-days a week on peak seasons. And I consider that as the most exciting job I ever had... not to mention the pay. wink*


Scuba diving for me is not just a job but it's a hobby. And to be able to enjoy my hobby and make money out of it is a good thing, isn't it? But some good things never last... as the saying goes. Sea urchins became scarce and so the work hours. It was then time to find something else to do and move on.

And so I moved on and shifted to carpentry but my passion for scuba diving didn't die when I quit the job. And definitely I will be sharing more experiences and photos of my passion in the near future.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover