Friday, February 12, 2010

My first work resume

I am an only child so I practically grew up alone and played horsey-horsey or cowboy or a builder all by myself. I grew up building sandcastles in the beach in summer, piled up a few wooden planks up the tree branches to make tree-houses in fall, dug up some cave in the snowbank in winter, and gathered some sticks in the woods to build Indian tepees in spring. Those were just my childhood wayward adventures.

Now that I am indeed a builder I can put credit on those childhood play that some adults think are nonsense. Play gave me the opportunity to think and build a certain skill and perhaps hone a certain interest in me. But as a builder my trade is no play anymore. I take everything seriously and with passion. And I do take pride in what I do. But still I know that... childhood play is my first work experience.



Now, that I do have a little boy of my own, who I can say practically picked up same playful thing from me... except the robots and aliens and all sorts of super hero thingy that were not available during my childhood... I wonder what would he become when he grows up. As a father I want him to be like me or shall I say I should want him to be like me. But with his wild imagination, I have a feeling that he can make movie that will make millions of dollars. No kidding! Then, I will be happy and retire a rich old man. [I wish.]

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover