Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I love/hate Special Occasions

Wifey loves weddings. My Mom loves weddings. My Nana loved weddings. And my two grown-up daughters dream of having their own magical weddings someday. What's up with women and weddings?

I hate weddings. No, don't get me wrong. It's just that I'm a very shy guy. I hate the crowd and I hate dressing up. If only I could attend wedding on my working boots and overalls. Weddings are fine and I would certainly look forward to it only because I do love the free food and the free drinks. LOL

I hate weddings. No, offense meant. I just feel that weddings are very touchy. Weddings are supposed to be happy occasions but I can't help it to be touchy when I see the groom shed tears... the father-of-the-bride sobs... the father-of-the-groom cries... or even when the Best Man becomes teary-eyed because when they happen, I can easily get carried away and I would start crying too. And Wifey will surely make fun of me when we get home.

But if there is anything I like about weddings aside from the free food and drinks... it's the wedding invitations. Surprise? Well, I may not be an artistic or creative person but I know how to appreciate arts. Wifey loves to collect wedding invitations and I love looking at them. I think they are nice remembrance of thsoe special occasions. And I even like those save the date cards that usually go with the invitations. They are cute and adorable. Now, what am I talking about? hahahaha I am a guy and I should not be talking about these girly thingies.

But seriously, I do hate weddings because I hate being emotional, it robs me off my manly appeal. But on the contrary, I do love weddings too because of the things that go with it. Those things that make any wedding memorable and worth remembering.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover