Friday, March 19, 2010

Education and Economy... again

In this present economic situation where unemployment is not just a threat to one’s financial stability but emotional and psychological state of mind and where underemployment is not just an option but the only choice to survive… education or skill are two important factors that will determine if one has the strength or the weakness in the job market.

In this present economic crisis, more and more people are going back to school to update their knowledge and to upgrade their skills. And I am not talking about High School graduates but rather… middle aged people who are already working or have just lost their jobs. People who already been out of school for a long time are going back to school and learning new courses because the courses that they took a long time ago are already obsolete.

My Sweetie... despite her college education and a master's degree tucked under her sleeves is still taking Adult Education courses. She started with Medical Terminology class which she passed with flying colors... now she is into Medical Billing and Coding. She is thinking of switching to Health Care career. And I am pressured to finish my GED which I already started a year ago and have only one subject left to pass... English Grammar. What the heck... am I having a hard time with this subject considering it is my native language! My Sweetie already gave up on tutoring me.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover