Saturday, January 30, 2010

To Work or Not to Work

It's nice out. Well, sort of.

It's sunny and the clear blue sky post no treat of any storm on the horizon. But the bitter cold temperature of below 4 degrees and the brutally freezing wind chill of negative 10 degrees make this nice weekend not a favorable day for ice fishing.

Well, ice-fishing is not really in my "to-do list" today. Wifey was actually looking forward to it than to go shopping with her friends today [Wow, I can't believe it! hahaha just kidding] but, I have to go to work. Yes, I am working on a project right now and... [maybe] for now.

It's been awhile and I am just glad that despite the present economic crisis, I still get the chance to work even on some rare occasions compared to not working at all. And considering the present economic situation, where people are getting laid off left and right, I am grateful enough that I still have the opportunity to make myself productive.

Lucky, I don't work for a company because one good thing about being self-employed is that... you don't get laid off. hahaha It's either you work or you don't because there is no project. But once you get one, you work your b*tt off again and work your a*s to the fullest until the next project... if you get lucky again.


Like ice-fishing, working now is a matter of luck. Some people wait all day long but no fish will bite. Others get lucky that once they lower their bait, the first fish will raise that flag. And for a few others, they just enjoy moment drinking beer and will go home happy... with or without a catch.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover