Friday, September 9, 2011

Opening the store

Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

When I opened up my garage I didn’t have any business experience and I wasn’t sure how good I was going to be at it. I’ve been learning slowly and making mistakes every day but there’s no way anyone could know about some of the hardships I was going to deal with without actually going through it themselves. For example, I had a hard time finding some way to accept credit cards and my customers just weren’t able to pay me cash for the things I was doing to their cars. A friend finally told me about BANK-CARD-PROCESSING.com which has really helped but things like that are the things you learn when you’re on your own and trying to run a business. There are tons more lessons for me to learn but it won’t take long at this rate – each day brings some kind of new challenge but so far I feel like I’ve really been holding my own when it comes to being a small business owner with a good head on his shoulders.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover